Marco Arazzi is currently a Ph.D. Student in Computer Engineering at the same University. From March 2023 to the end of July 2023 he worked as Visiting Researcher in the Cyber Security group of the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft). His research interests include Data Science, Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, Internet of Things, Privacy and Security. He is an author of 10 scientific papers in these research fields.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
- From 26 to 30 September 2022, he attended the PhD school on Extreme-scale Big Data Analytics and Scientific Computing on Heterogeneous Platforms, held in Como (Italy).
- In November 2020, he received the Master Degree in Computer Engineering from the
University of Pavia, discussing the thesis entitled “Using Twitter data to understand the evolution of Broadcast Streaming Services: A Netflix and NowTV analysis”.
- In September 2018, he received his Bachelor Degree in Computer and Electronic Engineering from University of Pavia with a grade of 92/110, discussing a thesis entitled “Secure System Programming with Rust”. Enrollment in the bachelor’s degree occurred in October 2015.
- Seminar on Big Data Streaming Architectures based on Spark, Kakfa, Hive and Hadoop during the course of Data Science and Big Data Analytics at University of Pavia.
- Seminar on Understanding Word Embedding in Practice during the course of Data Science and Big Data Analytics at University of Pavia.
- Seminar titled BERT : State of the art model for NLP during the course of DataScience and Big Data Analytics at University of Pavia.
- Teaching tutor activity for the university course Software Engineering and Object Programming for 30 hours.
- Teaching tutor activity for the university course Data Science and Machine Learning for 10 hours.
- Teaching at the Summer School in Computer Science 2023 held at the University of Pavia for undergraduate students from Tufts University
Collaborations with Research Institutions and Companies
- In the International territory, he collaborated with the following research institutions:
Delft University of Technology, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- In the national territory, he collaborated with the following research institutions: Polytechnic University of Marche and University of Padua, University of Milan.
- In 2021, he won a research grant at the University of Pavia in collaboration with collaborating with the company Sky Italy S.r.l.
- He has also collaborated on a research project funded by the company: Wolters Kluwer Italia S.r.l.
- Aramini Alberico, Arazzi Marco, Facchinetti Tullio, Ngankem Laurence S. Q. N. and Nocera Antonino, “An enhanced behavioral fingerprinting approach for the Internet of Things”, IEEE 18th International Conference on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS), 2022
- Facchinetti Tullio, Arazzi Marco, and Nocera Antonino, “Time series forecasting for predictive maintenance of refrigeration systems”, 1st International Workshop on Hybrid Internet of Everything Models for Industry 5.0 (HIEMI), 2022
- Arazzi Marco, Ferretti Marco and Nocera Antonino, “Analysis of video lessons: a case for smart indexing and topic extraction”, The 1st Italian Conference on Big Data and Data Science (ITADATA), 2022
- Arazzi Marco, Ferretti Marco, Nicolazzo Serena and Nocera Antonino, “The role of social media on the evolution of companies: A Twitter analysis of Streaming Service Providers”, Online Social Networks and Media, 2023
- Arazzi Marco, Nicolazzo Serena, Nocera Antonino and Zippo Manuel, “The Importance of the Language for the Evolution of Online Communities: An Analysis Based on Twitter and Reddit”, Expert Systems With Applications, 2023
- Arazzi Marco, Nicolazzo Serena and Nocera Antonino, “A Novel loT Trust Model Leveraging Fully Distributed Behavioral Fingerprinting and Secure Delegation”, Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 2022 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Lax Gianluca and Nocera Antonino, “Evading model poisoning attacks by an LSTM-based approach”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 2023 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Ferretti Marco and Nocera Antonino, “Semantic Hierarchical Indexing for Online Video Lessons Using Natural Language Processing”, Big Data and Cognitive Computing, 2023
- Cotogni Marco, Arazzi Marco and Cusano Claudio, “PhotoStyle60: A Photographic Style Dataset for Photo Authorship Attribution and Photographic Style Transfer”, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2023 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Nicolazzo Serena and Nocera Antonino, “A Fully Privacy-Preserving Solution for Anomaly Detection in IoT using Federated Learning and Homomorphic Encryption”, Information Systems Frontiers, 2023 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Cotogni Marco, Nocera Antonino and Virgili Luca, “Predicting Tweet Engagement with Graph Neural Networks” ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR), 2023
- Arazzi Marco, Cotogni Marco, Nocera Antonino, Ursino Domenico and Virgili Luca, “A Multiclass Graph Neural Network-Based Framework for Predicting Post Engagement in Social Media” Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2023 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Conti Mauro, Nocera Antonino and Picek Stjepan, “Turning Privacy-preserving Mechanisms against Federated Learning” ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2023
- Arazzi Marco, Murer Daniele, Nicolazzo Serena and Nocera Antonino, “How COVID-19 Affects User Interaction with Online Streaming Service Providers on Twitter”, Social Network Analysis and Mining, 2023 (Under Review)
- Arazzi Marco, Conti Mauro, Koffas Stefanos, Krcek Marina, Nocera Antonino, Picek Stjepan and Xu Jing, “BlindSage: Label Inference Attacks against Node-level Vertical Federated Graph Neural Networks”, 45th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2023 (Under Review)